HR Administrator - Wisconsin Packaging Corporation Division
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com. Located in Fort Atkinson, WI, the Wisconsin Packaging Corporation Division specializes in the design and manufacturing of corrugated packaging and displays. To stay competitive, we emphasize continuous improvement in technology, efficiency, and design.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the General Manager, the Human Resources Administrator is responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating policies and programs regarding employment, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, training, and employee services for the division’s team members. Key job responsibilities may include the following:
- Directing talent acquisition activities to ensure qualified employees are recruited and hired.
- Coordinating and participating in new hire orientation and onboarding programs.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing employment policies and procedures.
- Conducting benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, enrollments/terminations, and approving invoices for payment.
- Participating in workplace injury investigations. Preparing and submitting first-report of injury to the Workers’ Compensation carrier, and managing through end-of-healing, and accommodating restrictions, if required.
- Processing weekly and semi-monthly payroll.
- Maintaining vacation requests, balances, and monitoring the division’s attendance program.
- Assuring the division’s employment, personnel, and equal opportunity policies and practices comply with applicable federal and state laws, including the maintenance of employee files.
- Serving as an active member of both the divisional Safety and Wellness committees.
- Coordinating annual audiograms, wellness screenings, flu shots, insurance enrollments, and 401(k) enrollments.
- Planning and coordinating company functions, as needed.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, strongly preferred
- 2 – 3 years of HR Generalist experience, required; 5+ years of HR Generalist experience, preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Human Resources programs, best practices, and both federal/state employment regulations
- Prior experience managing Workers’ Compensation, Wellness, and Safety programs
- Exceptional listening, negotiation, influence, communication, and presentation skills
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a highly valued, competitive, and comprehensive benefits program. Join a team dedicated to true employee empowerment and long-term success by applying today.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.