Project Process Control Lead
Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay Mill Division is a fully-integrated paper mill that manufactures containerboard using 100% post-consumer recycled furnish. This family-owned mill is located near the mouth of the Fox River in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The operation consists of one paper machine responsible for the production of linerboard and medium paper used to manufacture corrugated boxes. We are currently in the construction phase of building a brand new state-of-the-art facility slated to start up Q1 2021. The new mill will be located on the same site as the existing mill.
- Work closely with the project leaders to execute objectives consistent with GBMD’s vision and strategy
- Oversee that contractors are adhering to safety and quality standards, project schedule, and budget
- Provide timely and effective engineering support to all manufacturing operations for instrumentation and DCS control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, boiler room, and ETP
- Manage installation of the QCS
- Manage installation of process control computers
- Manage changes to our systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings
- B.S. in Engineering or Process Engineering required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
- Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines
- Solid troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, communications, and AC/DC control power
- Programming experience with Bailey Infi-90, Rockwell Plant Pax, ABB 800xA or similar DCS including the ability to create, monitor, modify and tune DCS control logic
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments
- Prioritization of time and department/project work
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Some local, regional, and possible international travel will be required
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.