Green Bay Packaging De Pere Shipping Container Division is an industry leader in the production of corrugated shipping containers.
This position requires a self-motivated individual willing to work safely in a team based system. They need to have the ability to schedule their work, prioritize their work load, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. A desire for continuous improvement and quality workmanship are required to meet our customers increasing demands.
This position is a rotating shift.
The following lists the job tasks and responsibilities that the Shipping Receiving Technician will be performing:
· Works safely and follows all related policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
· Drives forklift to load and unload items from trailers
· Accurately reports of items loaded, unloaded, time, etc.
· Responsible for scanning in assigned inventory items for accurate inventory
· Maintains inventory of finished goods and plant supplies (wax, baling wire, bale tags, twine, starch, etc.)
· Creates computer generated and manual Bill of Ladings when needed
· Contacts carriers for outbound shipments
· Responsible for loading trucks according to customer specifications
· Places protective sheets and pads on unit loads and bands per instructions
· Marks unit loads as required
· Keeps inventory of banding sheets and pads and notify manager of items needed
· Keeps work area clean and orderly
· Other job tasks and projects as assigned
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Previous machine operations experience in manufacturing environment is preferred but not required. Previous forklift experience is a plus. Good human relations skills and strong verbal communication skills are required.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.