Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay WI based company has over 3,400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations operating in 15 states that serve the corrugated container, folding carton and coated label markets. Our Kalamazoo Container Division which is located in Kalamazoo MI is a modern, fully equipped corrugated manufacturing facility that produces a wide range of innovative corrugated products from ordinary brown boxes to intricate die cut inner pack to high graphic packaging. The Kalamazoo Division is a Bronze Certified Veteran Employer by the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency.
The Maintenance Clerk performs advanced clerical work in a high volume setting which includes multiple department duties with independent responsibilities. This position requires a high degree of neatness, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain entire inventory for maintenance department.
- Organize, update, and rotate stock.
- Order materials and supplies using various inventory replenishment reports and processes.
- Assemble information, set up and maintain maintenance folders.
- Generate and distribute preventive maintenance work orders.
- Retrieve, issue and document parts and materials as they are received and dispersed.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Run daily and cyclical inventories.
- Verify on-hand inventories, update tracking system.
- Examine and inspect stock for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Operate powered equipment such as a forklift to move stock.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition; follow all safety rules.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office programs, and applicable database applications (iMaint.)
- Knowledge of requisitioning procedures for procuring parts and materials.
- Knowledge of tolls and materials/parts nomenclature.
- Associate's degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent and qualified experience will be considered.
- Ability to see color and distinguish colors precisely.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull 50 lbs., as well as navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend and kneel throughout the entire shift.
$14.00 - $16.00/hour We offer a generous benefits package to include medical/prescription/dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, employer HSA contribution, vacation and holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.