Automation & Controls Technician
The Green Bay Mill Division is a 100% post-consumer recycled linerboard and medium paper mill with a closed-process-water loop. Mill operations include a biomass/solid fuel and a natural gas boiler, supporting the paper machine. As a major PSD and Title V air permit source, the mill’s innovative technologies within the recycling process water system, paper machine and energy support operations dedicated to producing the highest quality paperboard.
- Provide technical support to all manufacturing operations for instrumentation and electrical control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, and boiler room
- Support process control computers and associated field devices.
- Supporting PLC, Drives, and other control systems.
- Support the QCS and CEM systems.
- Support operations and troubleshooting of issues.
- Support capital projects by defining instrumentation and control requirements and scope of work.
- Manage changes to our systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings.
- Successfully support daily activities, periodic shutdowns for fabric changes/maintenance, long-term planning and capital projects related to the process controls and E&I department.
- Technical degree or Journeyman certificate in industrial E&I type field with relevant experience.
- Papermill or other industrial manufacturing experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, communications, and AC/DC control power.
- Programming experience including the ability to create, monitor, modify PLC and DCS control logic.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments.
- Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of work.
- Prioritization of time and work.
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to a competitive non-exempt salary based wage with paid overtime, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.