Automation & Controls Technician
Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay Paper Mill Division is currently in the process of a $500MM+ expansion project and is seeking additional Automation & Controls Technicians to provide support for electrical, instrumentation, and control applications for all paper mill operations. Technicians in this position will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization’s PLC, DCS, QCS, Drives, OT plant floor PC hardware and software, boiler CEM(s), and other field devices. Candidates will have the opportunity to join the Green Bay Mill during its construction phase of building a brand new state-of-the-art facility slated to start up in Q1 2021. This new facility will be the first new paper mill built in Wisconsin in over 30 years, and it will be located on the same site as the existing mill. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based company has over 3,600 employees and 37 manufacturing locations in 15 states.
- Provide hands-on technical support to all manufacturing operations for instrumentation and electrical control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, automated warehouse, effluent treatment, and boiler room
- Support process control computers and associated field devices
- Supporting PLC, Drives, and other control systems
- Support the QCS and CEM systems
- Support operations and troubleshooting of issues
- Support capital projects by defining instrumentation and control requirements and scope of work
- Manage changes to our systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings
- Successfully support daily activities, periodic shutdowns for fabric changes/maintenance, long-term planning and capital projects related to the process controls and E&I department
- Technical degree or Journeyman certificate in industrial E&I type field with relevant experience
- Paper mill or other industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
- Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines
- Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, industrial communications, robotics, motion control and AC/DC control power
- Programming experience including the ability to create, monitor, modify PLC and DCS control logic
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments
- Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of work
- Prioritization of time and work
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
In addition to a competitive non-exempt salary based wage with paid overtime, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
|Download the Application Upload Your Application|