Safety & Environmental Specialist
The Folding Carton Division is an industry leading manufacturer of Folding Cartons for food, paper, hardware, confectionary, cosmetic and many other industries. Employing 180 people, this facility designs, prints and manufactures folding cartons, trays and displays for a broad range of products and customers.
This position is responsible for implementing site Safety and Environmental compliance programs. Job responsibilities include:
- Assure OSHA compliance through auditing, process evaluations and training.
- Engage workforce on the floor (min 30% per day) to encourage workforce to think & act safely.
- Maintain detailed and accurate OSHA, Environmental & Safety documentation.
- Conduct thorough incident investigations to identify root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Lead environmental programs, maintain record compliance demonstration and complete agency reporting
- Implement environmental management system for compliance program of air, wastewater, storm water, waste regulations, facility permits, site plans, standard operation procedures, training, and legal compliance formats.
- Conduct & develop training materials to comply with OSHA and environmental regulations, state and federal regulatory training compliance requirements.
- Keep SDS information for all items in the facility.
- Maintain site sustainability metrics of key performance indicators with continuous improvement objectives
Strong inter-personal, presentation and communications skills are required. Must be able to communicate with all levels of personnel. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills. Demonstrate solid working relationship with all levels of personnel. Must have strong problem solving and listening skills. Must be willing to come in on off shifts to conduct training and investigations. QUALIFICATIONS
- An undergraduate degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- At least two years of safety & environmental experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experienced knowledge of RCRA, SARA, OSHA and EPCRA, preferred.
- Ability to lead teams in a union environment.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life and 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.