Structural Design Engineer
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, Wisconsin-based company has over 3400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations operating in 15 states that serve the corrugated container, folding carton and coated label markets. Green Bay Packaging is a well-established packaging company that offers a good work/life balance culture.
· Design protective packaging solutions by working primarily with corrugated.
· Produce cost effective solutions by utilizing both physical sampling and 3D modeled parts. Sample prototype packaging created on a CAD table for customer approval.
· Formulate and communicate ideas for new products and solutions by analyzing the customers’ needs and production feasibility.
· Occasionally accompany sales representatives on customer visits to present new designs.
· Review accounts and make recommendations for updates on style, board weight, etc.
· Test prototype packaging in ISTA lab to prove design effectiveness.
· Read and analyze technical procedures and government regulations; write reports.
· Problem solve by defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
· Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
· Work in a multi-designer department to help advance the business through new and innovative ideas.
· Prefer college education or heavy college coursework in the field of engineering, drafting, and/or design.
· Minimum of five years of experience in a related field; prefer candidate to have experience in a production/manufacturing facility, especially in the corrugated industry. Outstanding structural engineering background.
· Applicant should have working knowledge of Artios CAD, SolidWorks, TOPS or CAPE, and ISTA testing equipment.
· Need a working knowledge of Office 365 and its applications.
· Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently. · Must be able to speak and present themselves and our organization well to internal and external customers. · Must be able to sit, walk, stand for longer periods of time and lift 50lbs.
· The company will provide the tools to assist the individual to grow professionally. The responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the supervisor and his/her superior. · In addition to a competitive salary, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, LTD, life insurance, AD&D and 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.