Corporate Occupational Health Nurse
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is seeking to fill the position of Corporate Occupational Health Nurse (OHN). This position provides on-site nursing programs and services to safeguard and enhance the health of employees. The OHN will be assigned to one or more of the Company’s locations within the Green Bay, WI area.
- Providing on-site patient care associated with injury and illness
- Being a highly visible, engaged resource to employees and the management team focused on risk assessment, injury prevention and ergonomic review of operational requirements
- Managing the medical records of site employees in a confidential manner and in order to comply with appropriate regulations
- Managing the site’s drug testing program
- Managing clinical equipment and helping to identify equipment requirements on behalf of the site
- Assisting the site management team with risk analysis in the fields of health and safety
- Providing counseling and leading programs to promote the health and wellness of personnel
- Administering the worker’s compensation program with 3rd party case management and assisting in administering disability management program
- Partnering with HR and Safety personnel by compiling injury statistics, injury logs and other data to be used in developing site safety program
- Providing day-to-day management of FMLA program
- Participating/Leading annual employee training for topics such as blood borne pathogens, PPE, etc.
- Coordinating outside vendors for annual hearing tests, first aid training, CPR, drug screening, etc.
- Interacting with workforce by taking regular site walks and communicating with employees
- Providing back-up for the other Company OHN’s on an “as needed” basis
Minimal Education/Experience Requirements:
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin
- 3 to 5 years of experience (preferably in an Industrial Environment)
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) Certification (preferred but not required)
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to provide “hands-on” case management for worker’s compensation claims
- Understanding of the Wisconsin worker’s compensation Laws
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.