Controller - Minneapolis Division
Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a family-owned, vertically integrated and diversified company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label manufacturing, specialty converting operations, timberland, and land stewardship and management. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based company has over 3,600 employees and 37 manufacturing locations located in 14 states. Strategically located in the Twin Cities, the Minneapolis division serves customers throughout Minnesota, Iowa, the Dakotas, and western Wisconsin.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Controller will provide full financial support to the division including cost accounting, financial planning, budgeting, ROI calculations, variance analysis, month-end reporting, and more. This is a highly visible position and a key member of the management team, reporting directly to the General Manager. This position requires excellent leadership and communication skills to play a leading role at the division.
- Evaluate reports and maintain financial accuracy for plant processes and analyze business trends and provide required explanations.
- Provide support for ad hoc projects and analyze financial presentations efficiently to provide support to business activities and recommend improvement to business processes.
- Monitor business activities and ensure compliance to corporate standards.
- Analyze operations and customer profitability ratios and recommend appropriate pricing and contracts.
- Develop profit and loss metrics to facilitate key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with the Corporate team to implement new systems as appropriate.
- Ensure accountability of projects.
- Prepare financial forecasts and GAAP reports.
- Provide an effective interface with customers to resolve payment issues.
- Assist management and executives to achieve all business objectives.
- Oversee payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Resolve technical accounting issues and provide documents required for external auditors.
- Evaluate plant transactions according to accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain accounting principles and processes and ensure compliance to U.S. GAAP regulations.
- Evaluate performance of various plant activities and ensure achievement of all goals and prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Develop and maintain standard cost of all plant products.
- Reconcile periodic physical inventory and maintain accurate transactions and records for inventory.
- Manage and obtain approval for requests of capital expenditures and maintain controls on all plant processes within required budget and prepare reports to summarize all business activities.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in corporate or plant-level general accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, computer, business skills, required
- CPA, preferred
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a highly valued, competitive, and comprehensive benefits program. Join a team dedicated to true employee empowerment and long-term success by applying today.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
|Download the Application Upload Your Application|