Logistics Purchasing & Compliance Manager
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
Green Bay Packaging – Mill Operations Group is seeking a professional and self-motivated individual to fill the role of Logistics Purchasing and Compliance Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for bidding and purchasing freight from common carriers and for ensuring State and Federal DOT compliance for the company’s transportation operations. This position will report to our Manager of Logistics. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Logistics purchasing of third-party services.
- Overseeing a DOT compliance program to ensure safe and compliant fleet operations.
- Working with the Manager of Logistics to provide the most efficient transportation solutions for our internal and external customers through strategic and effective planning.
- Utilizing effective communication and negotiations skills in resolving customer issues and establishing contracts.
- Training and educating personnel on DOT safety regulations and ensuring all personnel are in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Identifying and addressing inefficient processes/procedures and/or operational deficiencies.
- Conducting regular safety audits.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
Successful candidate profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 5+ years of transportation purchasing and management experience.
- Understanding of all areas of the supply chain, budgets, and financial controls, and transportation.
- Strong understanding of van freight market.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to form and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven analytical skills and strong financial acumen.
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization.
- Available to be reached after hours for operational situations.
- Ability for domestic travel to plant locations as needed (between 20% of work time).
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State and DOT safety regulations.
- Past experience building compliance programs.
- Experience negotiating with vendors and suppliers of shipping/freight services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power BI, elogs, and TMS.
- A Class A CDL license is preferred but not required.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.