Accounts Receivable / Cash Application Specialist
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com
Job Summary:Providing value-added service to internal and external customers through timely and accurate cash application and discrepancy resolution.
- Process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivable transactions
- Prepare and process bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Process journal entries
- Facilitate timely payment of invoices due to the organization by verifying discrepancies and resolving customers’ payment issues
- Generate monthly and yearly reports detailing accounts receivable status
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Two-year degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting is a plus
Experience and Background:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Working experience in accounting
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Experience in Microsoft Office and accounting software
Green Bay Packaging, Inc. offers a competitive benefit package with Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug coverage. There is also a company paid Life Insurance and short-term disability plan. We also provide a Company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.