Fixed Assets Accountant
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc.(GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com
Job SummaryGreen Bay Packaging Inc. is seeking to fill the position of Fixed Assets Accountant. This position will be responsible for recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Assist with the configuration of the new accounting system’s fixed assets module and transferring existing fixed assets from the legacy system to the new accounting system.
- Support division accounting staff with fixed asset related inquiries.
- Track the compilation of project costs in the construction in progress account and transfer those costs to the fixed asset accounts when the related projects have been completed.
- Complete monthly and ad-hoc reports related to fixed assets.
- Assist with internal and external audit reviews as they relate to fixed assets.
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations including explanations of variances.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual fixed asset schedules.
- Year-end tax and audit support as needed.
- Assist with integration of newly acquired companies to align with Green Bay Packaging systems and policies.
- Conduct analysis related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- 5-10% travel required
- A minimum of a 2-year degree in accounting is required
Experience and Background
- Two years’ fixed asset experience required
- Five years’ experience accounting for fixed assets in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated, advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.