Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com. The Green Bay Shipping Container Division of Green Bay Packaging is an industry leading manufacturer of packaging for the food, beverage, paper, hardware, housewares and furniture industries. We are currently seeking an Environmental Engineer to join our team.
The Environmental Engineer is responsible for managing the environmental regulatory compliance functions to ensure that Division operations are conducted in conformance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, permits and regulations while maximizing the use of industry best practices. This position is responsible for implementing site environmental regulatory compliance programs in accordance with corporate directives. Responsibilities include:
- Lead site environmental programs and implement regulatory requirements and compliance actions
- Implement environmental management systems for regulatory compliance of site’s Major Source Title V air permit (with PSD, NSR, BACT, MACT & RACT conditions). Also, site industrial user wastewater permit, stormwater program and waste regulatory compliance.
- Maintain up to date site plans, procedures, training, and compliant recordkeeping to meet permit conditions and EPA/DNR rule requirements
- Conduct & develop training materials and records to comply with site environmental permits, required plans and and state and federal regulations.
- Engage workforce on the floor to encourage workforce participation and execute environmental programs
- Maintain detailed and accurate environmental records for compliance demonstration and agency reporting
- Conduct thorough evaluations to identify root causes, continuous improvements and/or corrective actions.
- Must be flexible and willing to come in on off shifts to conduct training and investigations
- Assure regulatory environmental compliance through auditing, process evaluations and training
- Stewardship and self-initiative to drive sustainability efforts and achievements with maintained key performance indicators (KPI) metrics and relevant continuous improvement opportunities
- Coordinator for site fiber certification systems (i.e. SFI®) to include training and site third-party audit functions
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Chemistry or Engineering preferred
- Knowledgeable of environmental management practices (e.g. air, water, waste, energy, etc.) and three or more years of experience within manufacturing preferred
- Strong oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Experienced knowledge of CAA, RCRA, SARA, and EPCRA, preferred
- Effective project management skills with the ability to efficiently deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, complete projects, meet deadlines, while achieving effective and efficient outcomes
- Ability to work well in a changing fast-paced environment
- Technology savvy and proficiency in business software suites (e.g. Office, Outlook)
- Ability to lead teams in a union environment.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
We offer a competitive wage and an excellent benefit package including access to our Employee Health and Wellness clinic, medical, dental, life, STD/LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.