Controller - Cincinnati Division
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com. The team at the Cincinnati Division is focused on a customer first approach to both quality and service.
Serving as a business partner to the leadership team, the Controller will provide full financial support to the division including cost accounting, financial planning, budgeting, ROI calculations, variance analysis, month-end reporting, and more. This is a highly visible position and a key member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the General Manager. This position requires excellent leadership and communication skills to play a leading role at the division.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Evaluate reports and maintain financial accuracy for plant processes and analyze business trends and provide required explanations.
- Provide support for ad hoc projects and analyze financial presentations efficiently to provide support to business activities and recommend improvement to business processes.
- Monitor business activities and ensure compliance to corporate standards.
- Analyze operations and customer profitability ratios and recommend appropriate pricing and contracts.
- Develop profit and loss metrics to facilitate key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with the Corporate team to implement new systems as appropriate.
- Ensure accountability of projects.
- Prepare financial forecasts and GAAP reports.
- Provide an effective interface with customers to resolve payment issues.
- Assist management and executives to achieve all business objectives.
- Resolve technical accounting issues and provide documents required for external auditors.
- Evaluate plant transactions according to accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain accounting principles and processes and ensure compliance to U.S. GAAP regulations.
- Evaluate performance of various plant activities and ensure achievement of all goals and prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Develop and maintain standard cost of all plant products.
- Reconcile periodic physical inventory and maintain accurate transactions and records for inventory.
- Manage and obtain approval for requests of capital expenditures and maintain controls on all plant processes within required budget and prepare reports to summarize all business activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in corporate or plant-level general accounting
- Working knowledge of accounting practices in the manufacturing industry, required
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, computer, business skills, required
- CPA or CMA, preferred
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a highly valued, competitive, and comprehensive benefits program. Join a team dedicated to true employee empowerment and long-term success by applying today.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.