Distribution Center Manager
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay Mill Division is a fully-integrated paper mill that manufactures containerboard using 100% recycled furnish. This family-owned mill is located near the mouth of the Fox River in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The operation consists of one paper machine responsible for the production of linerboard and medium paper used to manufacture corrugated boxes. The Green Bay Mill Division is currently in the construction phase of building a brand new state-of-the-art facility slated to started up in Q1 2021. This new facility will be the first new paper mill built in the United States in over 30 years, and it will be located on the same site as the existing mill. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Directing and coordinating daily automated warehouse and distribution center operations focusing on the optimization of safety, environmental stewardship, profitability, and productivity.
- Complying with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguarding warehouse operations by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Working closely with the shipping supervision to ensure exceptional delivery performance through strong management and communication.
- Planning, managing, and evaluating warehouse operations with internal stakeholders, suppliers, transportation companies, and customers. Coordinating mill inventory with internal and external customer inventories.
- Controlling inventory levels and reconciling data storage system.
- Maintaining physical condition of warehouse through inspections and troubleshooting as needed.
- Troubleshooting and addressing warehouse maintenance while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management.
- 10+ years of warehouse management experience.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Experience in inventory management, barcoding, scanning, conveyor systems, and IT.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Experience with rail loading and truck loading.
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with database, spreadsheet, and word processing computer skills.
- Willingness to travel to plant locations as needed (between 10-20% of work time).
- Willingness to work outside of regular working hours as needed.
- Understanding of safe forklift operation and maintenance.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy comprehensive benefit packaging including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.