Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay Paper Mill Division is currently in the process of a $500MM+ expansion project and is seeking additional Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians to provide support for electrical, instrumentation, and control applications for all paper mill operations. Technicians in this position will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization’s PLC, DCS, Drives, Power Distribution, motors, and I/O field devices. Candidates will have the opportunity to join the Green Bay Mill during its construction phase of building a brand new state-of-the-art facility slated to start up in Q1 2021. This new facility will be the first new paper mill built in Wisconsin in over 30 years, and it will be located on the same site as the existing mill.
- Technical degree or Journeyman certificate in industrial E&I type field with relevant experience
- Paper mill or other industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
- Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines
- Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, industrial communications, robotics, motion control and AC/DC control power
- Programming experience including the ability to create, monitor, modify PLC and DCS control logic
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments
- Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of work
- Prioritization of time and work
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
In addition to a very competitive base wage ($31.00 to $35.38 based on skill and experience) with paid overtime and vacation, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), and pension plan.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.