Die Cut Press Operator
The Green Bay Packaging Baltimore division is an industry-leading manufacturer of high quality corrugated packaging for food, paper, hardware, housewares and furniture packing industries. Our staff of educated, experienced and highly skilled employees is dedicated to producing the highest quality corrugated products in the industry.
- Operates machine to cut out parts of specified size and shape from materials such as corrugated by performing the following duties.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Places single or multiple layers of material on bed of machine.
- Removes cut parts from die or bed of machine.
- Measures parts with ruler or compares parts with standard to verify conformance to specifications.
- Stacks parts in storage area according to size and shape.
- Set-up print, Stacker Section accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Check anilox rolls for damage.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Train and assist the assistant operator, and helper, with job duties on the machine.
- Cross-train on other machines.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Enter work request into ( I-Maint. ) for needed repairs.
- Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Rotate duties with Assistant Operator and Helper as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Make recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year of related experience or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
$17 - $20 per hour depending on experience. We know how important affordable and comprehensive benefits are to your health and well-being. We are proud of the benefits program that we make available to our employees. For 2019, the GBP benefit plans available include: Medical and Prescription Drug High Deductible Health Plan with HSA attached Dental Basic Life / Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Supplemental Life Insurance for Yourself Dependent Life Insurance for your Spouse and Dependents Voluntary AD&D Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 401(K) plan with company match
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.