Business Development Manager – WI Sheet Plants Division
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com. The Midland, Great Lakes, and Wisconsin Packaging Corporation divisions comprise our Wisconsin-based Sheet Plants. Our breadth of capabilities, resources, and our commitment to exceptional quality makes us a strategic option for corrugated packaging and point-of-purchase displays, with a focus on speed to market, continuous improvement, technology, efficiency, and service unsurpassed in the industry.
Position Overview: We are seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager to grow the business by finding new opportunities, researching leads, and establishing relationships with potential clients. In this role, you will initiate, maintain, and expand relationships with strategically important, large, and complex customers. By being assigned to named customers, your goals as the Business Development Manager include achieving cost savings quota and assigned strategic account objectives. You will also focus on opening and developing new accounts. In this role, you will represent the entire range of company products and services assigned as well as new customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customer needs and expectations are met by the company. This position reports directly to our Director of Sales and will collaborate with members of our design and customer services teams as well as divisional leadership to achieve results and ensure customer satisfaction. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinating the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customer’s expectations.
- Meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts and new accounts.
- Proactively leading a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leading solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Regional travel as needed to select accounts.
- Achieving assigned cost savings quota in designated strategic accounts.
- Meeting assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieving strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completing strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Accurately budgeting monthly and annual customer sales, and volume.
- Actively seeking new accounts.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Five+ years of sales experience with a proven track record in business development, required
- Sales experience in the corrugated packaging industry, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a packaging related field, required
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a highly valued, competitive, and comprehensive benefits program. Join a team dedicated to true employee empowerment and long-term success by applying today.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.