Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based paper company has 4,000 employees and 37 manufacturing locations, operating in 14 states, that serve the corrugated container, folding carton, and coated label markets. The Green Bay Shipping Container Division of Green Bay Packaging is an industry leading manufacturer of packaging for the food, paper, hardware, housewares and furniture industries. We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
The Maintenance Supervisor assists in leading daily operations of the maintenance team operating on a three-shift schedule. Responsible for maintaining systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. Supervises and directs the maintenance team ensuring a culture of safety first. Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day maintenance functions and personnel, including scheduling of labor to meet plant and equipment requirements, and assigning responsibilities and tasks.
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff.
- Maintain the preventative maintenance program.
- Manage the work order system to ensure equipment/facility is repaired as needed.
- Ensure that all utilities (i.e. electrical, steam, compressed air systems, etc.) are in proper working order to support production. Troubleshoot machinery and process systems in the event of breakdowns.
- Communicate equipment issues and their impact on production; plan maintenance outages and coordinate downtime windows with production supervision.
- Support the Maintenance Manager to optimize parts inventory and ensure critical spares are on hand.
- Ensure employees understand and follow maintenance policies and procedures.
- Ensure all employees comply with all plant and regulatory safety rules and policies.
- Utilize the I-Maint system tool for planning, tracking, and prioritizing department activities.
- Complete all assigned paperwork including maintenance records, incident reports and investigations, and other as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent. 5-8 years experience in maintenance as a journeyman with mechanical or electrical background; or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading a maintenance team preferred.
- Working knowledge of boilers, PLCs, electrical and compressors.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze mechanical/electrical/process control system functions, in order to determine the most efficient method of resolving malfunctions.
- Ability to lead, influence, motivate and develop the maintenance team through interpersonal and team building skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach and train the Maintenance team in order to develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge to support operations relative to equipment reliability.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
We offer a competitive wage and an excellent benefit package including medical, prescription drug, dental, life, STD/LTD and company matching 401K.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
|Download the Application Upload Your Application|