Fort Worth, TX
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer, Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based paper company has over 3,400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations, operating in 15 states, that serve the corrugated container, folding carton, and coated label markets. Our Fort Worth, TX facility is an industry-leading manufacturer of corrugated containers, and currently seeks a qualified and experienced Production Supervisor.
Responsible for the Press Department and its employee’s performance. Maximizing press department production at the lowest cost, the highest quality, and within optimum safety standards. Must possess leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise staff and interact with all levels of management. Good human relations skills, strong verbal and written communication skills are required. . Must have well developed problem solving skills and the ability to develop conceptual alternatives. Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Lead and maintain department with a "safety's first" focus
- Ensure all department personnel attend required OSHA training and comply with all plant and regulatory safety rules and policies
- Conducting monthly safety audits, and safety training.
- Managing WIP inventory.
- Develop/maintain a motivated and well trained production team
- Manage our Preventative Maintenance Program
- Identify and implement cost reductions
- Leading team meetings.
- Purchasing department supplies, and managing inventory.
- Counseling employees in work related activities.
- Analyzing Machine cost and efficiencies.
- Managing product safety policies and procedures.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD, and 401(k)
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.