Green Bay Packaging – Green Bay Mill Division is seeking a hands-on leader with excellent communication skills to take charge of mill site’s entire chemical program and lead in areas of safety, operations, quality, profitability, and training. This key team member will execute all necessary decisions to maintain continuous operation of the Green Bay Mill in an effective, efficient, safe, and environmentally proper manner, and focus on continually improving the quality of our product. The Process Development Manager is a critical role that serves as a technical resource to all other departments and personnel.
- Responsible for all chemical programs, process improvements throughout the mill, operator training and filling in for the Paper Machine Superintendent and the Secondary Fiber Superintendent
- Lead and manage activities around chemical cost and efficacy by executing strategic chemical additive and optimization trials, improving operational procedures, and supporting the use of facilities budgets and capital funding requests to improve equipment to reduce operating cost
- Provide efficient solutions to production issues, chemical program deficiencies, and process water upsets
- Analyze process data to develop optimum operating strategies
- Provide leadership to maintain safe working conditions and good housekeeping practices
- Work on special projects, both engineering and those dealing with changes in the infrastructure of the mill organization
- B.S. Paper Science or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 4 years of experience in the Paper or Chemical Industry
- Working knowledge of paper machine operations and its supporting systems
- Ability to work with all departments to achieve GBP’s visions and strategies by motivating, inspiring, and gaining commitment through process development and execution. Resilient; creates a good working environment through a positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively work with various operating, maintenance, and/or other departmental groups meeting their needs while always focusing on the overall process improvement
- Strong skills in data and statistical analysis
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools and principles desired
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver consistent messages at all levels
- Understanding of how to manage all aspects (safety, environmental, vendors, production, purchasing) of trials
- Ability to communicate and educate others on complex process issues and statistical data
- Computer skills: MS Excel and MS Word
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.