Automation & Controls Engineer
The Green Bay Mill Division is a 100% recycled linerboard and medium paper mill with a closed-process-water loop. Mill operations include a biomass/solid fuel and a natural gas boiler, supporting the paper machine. As a major PSD and Title V air permit source, the mill’s innovative technologies within the recycling process water system, paper machine and energy support operations dedicated to producing the highest quality paperboard. Green Bay Packaging – Green Bay Mill Division is seeking an Automation & Controls Engineer to provide engineering support for automated and control applications for all mill operations. This person will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization’s DCS, QCS, PLC, plant floor operating network hardware and software, data historian, and boiler CEM(s).
- Provide engineering support to all manufacturing operations for automated and control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, boiler room, and auxiliary systems.
- Support the DCS, PLC, QCS and CEM systems.
- Support industrial process control operating network and computers.
- Assist with supporting ac drives and other control systems as needed.
- Support capital projects by defining instrumentation and control requirements and scope of work, developing estimates and project schedules, and managing implementation.
- Manage changes to our systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings.
- Successfully coordinate daily activities, periodic shutdowns for fabric changes/maintenance, long-term planning and capital projects related to the process controls and E&I department.
- B.S. in Engineering preferred or technical degree with relevant experience.
- Papermill or other industrial manufacturing experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, communications, and AC/DC control power.
- Programming experience including the ability to create, monitor, modify and tune DCS control logic
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments.
- Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of large and small projects.
- Prioritization of time and department/project work.
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.