The Green Bay Packaging Baltimore division is an industry-leading manufacturer of high quality corrugated packaging for food, paper, hardware, housewares and furniture packing industries. Our staff of educated, experienced and highly skilled employees is dedicated to producing the highest quality corrugated products in the industry. We currently seek a Second shift Mechanic Tech A or Mechanic Tech B. Previous experience and pre-employment testing will determine the classification.
This is a highly skilled position performing troubleshooting and general mechanical maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes, while placing a strong emphasis on safe work practices. Our team members must be able to perform corrective and preventative maintenance on plant machinery and equipment such as balers, conveyors, die cutters, flexo-folder gluers, and banders. All maintenance personnel are expected to complete work order repairs, inspections and adjustments with appropriate documentation. Candidate must be able to properly use drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment. All team members participate in plant safety, health and environmental programs. Working safely is a condition of employment. Daily use of maintenance software is required. Second shift base hours are Monday - Friday, 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Overtime is mandatory as required, including weekends. There is no shift rotation, however, all candidates must be willing to work other shifts as needed. Continuous improvement to move up to higher classifications is mandatory as well as participating in a continued education program through the Green Bay Institute. Candidate must be able to provide all necessary tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Industrial Environment as Maintenance Mechanic
- Must be able to to work and make decisions independently
- Proficient with all types of Gearboxes, Pneumatic & Hydraulic Systems
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Fluently read schematics
- Familiar with 3 Phase motor wiring and Water Softeners
- Able to work with tight tolerances (.001”)
- Proficient with Milling Machine and Lathe
- Proficient with Welding and Brazing (aluminum)
- Able to work independently
- Able to work different shifts as needed and available for overtime and emergency call-ins
- Ability to operate a Forklift and Manlift
- Familiar with the proper use of PPE
- Willing to attend OEM Training out of state
- Follow instructions and work in an orderly fashion
- Be able to pass minimum skills / entry examination
- Candidates with 3rd grade Stationary Engineer's License preferred
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD, and company matching 401(k). The pay range for this role is $22.81 - $27.25 per hour, depending on classification. Shift differential of $.50 per hour applies.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.