Pulp Mill Shift Supervisor
Green Bay Packaging's Arkansas Kraft Division is a fully-integrated pulp and paperboard mill. Being fully integrated means we utilize a large percentage of recycled materials to produce kraft linerboard and medium. By recycling fiber in various forms, we are able to conserve substantial landfill acres annually. Average daily production of unbleached kraft linerboard and medium is between 1,100 and 1,250 tons. Our staff of educated, experienced and highly skilled employees is dedicated to producing only the highest quality paperboard in the industry. Facility Capabilities:
- A two paper machine, fully integrated facility with pulp/power/and recycled fiber capacity.
- Linerboard and corrugating medium production capability in basis weights from 26#/MSF to 69# /MSF
- Quality is part of the development and production process all along the line. Our ISO 9001:2008 certification underscores our commitment to continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Utilities Manager and Pulp Mill Superintendent, the Pulp Mill Shift Supervisor for the Arkansas Kraft Division will have operating responsibility for safety, environmental, quality, cost, productivity, and leadership of the pulp mill, utilities, and woodyard crews. Responsibilities
- A steadfast commitment to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Provide strong leadership by leading the initiative of safe work practices by championing new ideas, learning from events, communicating with the team and development of an empowered, highly motivated operational crew.
- Communicating and reinforcing the mill’s running objectives, sustaining the highest operational quality and productivity levels
- Work closely with the area managers to execute objectives consistent with the Arkansas Kraft Division’s vision and strategy.
- Lead and develop operational crews in activities around quality and operational improvements; by enhancing operational knowledge, and coordinating with maintenance support to improve substandard facilities, and maintain a reliable and sustainable operation.
- Troubleshoot processes and equipment to resolve issues.
- Drive equipment and process ownership down to operators.
- A degreed and experienced pulp/utilities mill operations supervisor with prior experience with the Kraft Cycle. Experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Experience operating, optimizing, and troubleshooting the following unit ops is desired:
- Black liquor evaporation and safely operating a recovery boiler to BLRBAC guidelines
- Cluster rules compliance
- Turpentine and Tall Oil
- Caustic room including lime kiln
- Batch digesting and hot stock refining
- Brown stock washing
- Influent, effluent, and boiler water treatment.
- The Pulp Mill Shift Supervisor should have at least 3 years of progressively more accountable operations supervisory experience within the paper industry, preferably with pulp / recovery / utilities operations.
- While expertise in all aspects of back-end paper mill operations is vital, it is equally important that the successful candidate have a proven record of developing and implementing training within operational crews.
- Qualified candidates will have a keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding –as it relates to cost control/reduction, particularly in response to immediate and critical operational decisions.
- In addition to a full complement of leadership skills – including the ability to lead teams in a union environment – it is also important for the Pulp Mill Shift Supervisor to bring knowledge of personnel development and maintenance coordination. Incorporating continuous improvement processes and best practices will be keys to the success of the Pulp Mill Shift Supervisor.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintaining good housekeeping practices.
In addition to a competitive salary, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.