The Green Bay Mill Division is a 100% post-consumer recycled linerboard and medium paper mill with a closed-process-water loop. Mill operations include a biomass/solid fuel and a natural gas boiler, supporting the paper machine. As a major PSD and Title V air permit source, the mill’s innovative technologies within the recycling process water system, paper machine and energy support operations dedicated to producing the highest quality paperboard.
Reporting to the Production Manager and the Paper Machine Superintendent, the Shift Supervisor will have operating responsibility for safety, quality, cost, productivity, and management of the Paper Machines, Secondary Fiber, Boiler Room, and Shipping crews. From a strategic business perspective, this position must focus on a steadfast commitment to safety and environmental stewardship, sustaining the highest operational quality and productivity levels, while partnering with maintenance to support the management of asset quality; ensuring the manufacturing reliability of equipment focusing on reducing and minimizing process downtime. From a people perspective, the primary focus for the Shift Supervisor will be to provide strong leadership that builds future success of the business and development of an empowered, highly motivated operational crew.
- Work closely with the area production superintendents to execute objectives consistent with GBMD’s vision and strategy
- Lead and develop operational crews in activities around quality and operational improvements by enhancing operational knowledge, and coordinating with maintenance support to improve substandard facilities, and maintain a reliable and sustainable operation
- Direct and coordinate daily production operations focusing on optimization of safety, environmental stewardship, profit, and productivity
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintain good housekeeping practices
- Maintain a positive employee environment through consistent/fair practices and leadership in areas such as employee development, safety, training, and discipline. Administer the Company/Union Labor Agreement
- Perform daily equipment checks and coordinate unplanned downtime for equipment repairs or paper machine fabrics & ropes with various departments: Production, Maintenance, Electrical, Instrumentation, and Engineering
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of all chemical systems
- Undergraduate degree in Paper Science or Chemical Engineering or equivalent mill operation experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Experience in the paper industry or similar experience in a highly automated process manufacturing environment
- Proven record of developing and implementing training within operational crews
- Keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding – as it relates to cost control/reduction, particularly in response to immediate and critical operational decisions
- Ability to work with other departments to achieve GBMD’s visions and strategies by motivating, inspiring and gaining commitment for a course of action that achieves results
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
- Ability to troubleshoot problems to avoid or minimize unscheduled downtime.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.