Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based paper company has over 3,400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations, operating in 15 states that serve the corrugated container folding carton, and coated label markets.
The Green Bay Packaging Baltimore division is an industry-leading manufacturer of high quality corrugated packaging for food, beverage, paper, hardware, housewares and furniture packing industries. Our staff of educated, experienced and highly skilled employees is dedicated to producing the highest quality corrugated products in the industry.
The Converting Supervisor directly supervises all employees assigned to the department and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of manufacturing experience.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Working knowledge of equipment design and capabilities for efficient operation; cost issues and process improvement
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA and EEO.
- Teaching / training skills with assigned personnel for both the technical and administrative parts of the position.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.