Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based paper company has over 3,400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations, operating in 15 states, which serve the corrugated container, folding carton, and coated label markets. The Green Bay Packaging Cincinnati division is an industry-leading manufacturer of high quality corrugated packaging for food, paper, hardware, housewares and furniture packing industries.
Design is an extension of the Sales team. The Structural Designer position has responsibility for preparing new and revised corrugated package designs, drawings and specifications. The position includes the development and production of high-quality prototypes for existing and prospective customers as well as for production approval. This position works closely with the Operations and Sales Departments along with Customers and Outside Vendors to ensure production needs and customer requirements are achieved.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety and perform job duties in accordance to company safety policies and procedures.
- Develop strong, internal working relationships to support and promote efficient and accurate response to Customers, Sales and Operations Departments.
- Design and develop new and revised packaging, while offering improvements for cost reduction, performance enhancements and innovations.
- Produce samples and small production runs of prototypes on the CAD table for testing purposes; writing and transmitting specs as requested.
- Improve existing packaging with innovative solutions, this will include customer site visits and the ability to perform packaging audits at their location.
- Coordinate with tooling suppliers.
- Although the general workweek is a Monday - Friday schedule, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules as needed; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Travel with Sales Reps to Customer locations when required (less than 10%).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications, CAD, Artios CAD, Adobe Illustrator, Cape Pack, and/or TOPPS and cutting table.
- Process and results driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb customer service and administrative skills.
- Possess the ability to work independently along with working within a team environment.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in and familiarity with Converting equipment and processes including scoring, machine capabilities/limitations, spec sheets and drawings.
- Knowledge of various paperboard stocks, board grade combinations, corrugation, POP displays, and printing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Degree in Packaging/Industrial Design preferred) and/or 5 years’ experience as a structural designer.
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications, CAD, Artios CAD, Adobe Illustrator, Cape Pack, and/or TOPPS and cutting table.
- Knowledge of box plant machinery and tooling.
- Experienced in operating sample cutting tables.
- Good knowledge of the corrugated Industry, working POP knowledge is also desired.
- Strong cognitive and math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think in 3D.
- Be detail oriented.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life, STD, LTD, and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.