The Chickasha Division is a manufacturer of Corrugated Cartons for food, paper, hardware, confectionary, cosmetic and many other industries. Employing 35 people, this world class facility designs, prints and manufacturers cartons, trays and displays for a broad range of products and customers.
Green Bay Packaging, Inc. is currently seeking a Structural Designer. This position will be responsible for creating packaging concepts requiring knowledge of corrugated, package life cycle, converting processes, packing, and feature testing for designated product line(s). They understand and align business operations and design as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with Green Bay Packaging business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
- Determines size, material, and palletization options using TOPPS.
- Creates designs, concepts, and prototype sample layouts to meet customer requests/requirements using Artios CAD.
- Cuts prototype samples using a cutting table.
- Develop new ideas and methods of packaging for present and prospective customers. This may be a redesign, cost reduction goals, labor reduction, etc.
- Maintain daily communication with Account Manager to review and analyze customer requirements.
- Maintains and updates on-line sample request form for design project status and due date requirements in the Design Department.
- Provides support to internal departments such as Customer Service, Estimating, etc.
- An Associate's Degree in Mechanical Design Technology, Architectural Technology, or Prototype & Design and experience in a CAD related field.
- An understanding of geometry and math to calculate angles and lines of multi-sided shapes.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer software including CAD Software, Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life, STD, LTD, and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.