Environmental Sustainability Specialist
Green Bay Packaging is seeking an Environmental Sustainability Specialist with impeccable attention to detail and excellent communications and organizational skills to drive and promote sustainability program development. The position will be work closely with division staff, and internal and external stakeholders, to comply with sustainability reporting requirements and advance sustainability performance messaging. This position requires some travel and will report to the Corporate Director of Environmental and Sustainability.
- Operate as lead, managing systems and processes, for GBP fiber certifications, Sustainable Forestry Initiative and Forestry Stewardship Council third party certifications; working closely with plant teams, consultants and certification bodies on uniform framework and conformance.
- Standardize environmental sustainability documentation
- Develop harmonized company-wide responses and references, including efficiencies on environmental sustainability reporting platforms: Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), EPA reporting, SEDEX, EcoVadis, corporate social responsibility (CSR), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI-G4), and customer sustainability scorecard responses and sustainability customer audits
- Implement efficient processes related to environmental sustainability programs
- Complete internal audits of division sustainability data quality assurance and accuracy.
- Conduct training and develop content for subject-matter and programs
- Field and coordinate responses for related GBP environmental and sustainability programs, sustainability initiatives, certifications and customer sustainability inquiries.
- Communications to key stakeholders on best practices (e.g. waste, water, energy, etc.), certification records, key performance indicator metrics, site-specific sustainability reports, etc.
- B.S. Environmental Science, Chemistry or Engineering preferred
- Knowledgeable of environmental management practices (e.g. water, waste, energy, etc.) and experience within manufacturing preferred
- Strong oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Effective project management skills with the ability to efficiently deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, complete projects, meet deadlines, while achieving effective and efficient outcomes
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Technology savvy and proficiency in business software suites (e.g. Office, Outlook)
This full-time position offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k). Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.