The Green Bay Mill Division is a 100% post-consumer recycled linerboard and medium paper mill with a closed-process-water loop. Mill operations include a biomass/solid fuel and a natural gas boiler, supporting the paper machine. As a major PSD and Title V air permit source, the mill’s innovative technologies within the recycling process water system, paper machine and energy support operations dedicated to producing the highest quality paperboard.
Green Bay Packaging – Green Bay Mill Division is seeking an Automation & Controls Engineer to provide engineering support for instrumentation and control applications for all mill operations. This person will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization’s DCS, QCS, help with PLC, plant floor PC hardware and software, data historian, and boiler CEM(s). Responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely and effective engineering support to all manufacturing operations for instrumentation and DCS control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, and boiler room
- Support the ABB sheet scanner and QCS
- Support process control computers
- Support capital projects by defining instrumentation and control requirements and scope of work, developing estimates and project schedules, and managing implementation
- Manage changes to our systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings
- Successfully coordinate daily activities, periodic shutdowns for fabric changes/maintenance, long-term planning and capital projects related to the process controls and E&I department.
- B.S. in Engineering preferred or technical degree with relevant experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
- Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines
- Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, communications, and AC/DC control power
- Programming experience with Bailey Infi-90 and ABB 800xA or similar DCS including the ability to create, monitor, modify and tune DCS control logic
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments
- Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of large and small projects.
- Prioritization of time and department/project work
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.