Financial Systems Project Manager
Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay WI based company has over 3,700 employees and 30+ manufacturing locations operating in 15 states that serve the corrugated container, folding carton and coated label markets. Our Corporate Controller Department currently has an outstanding opportunity for a Financial Systems Project Manager. GBP will be migrating Financial Management Suites (“FMS”) (including accounts payable, general ledger, accounts receivable, and fixed asset applications) over the next 2-5 years. GBP is seeking an energetic, customer service-oriented leader with proven experience with financial systems and the business processes they support; experience in the pulp and paper industry is a plus. This individual will have a highly effective ability to communicate directly with our end users in a manufacturing setting. The individual must be able to understand business processes, how they connect and translate them into IT systems configurations. A teamwork mentality is a must for this role in the financial system team.
- Leads the support, design, and development of applications relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, financial reporting, and fixed assets.
- Respond to and implement requests from end users for changes to business processes and reporting.
- Troubleshoot break/fix issues with financial information systems by working with business users, vendors or application developers to resolve them.
- Defines application problems by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes.
- Proposes business process changes to enhance and streamline current processes.
- Researches emerging technologies to decide if installing them can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Prepares an analysis of costs and benefits to decide if application upgrades are financially worthwhile.
- Develops solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Controls solution by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers. Leverages technology to improve business processes.
- Validates results by testing programs.
- Ensures successful operation by training divisional personnel; providing support.
- Provides reference by writing documentation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes company mission by completing related results as needed
- Works with a sense of urgency in solving issues, removing roadblocks and improving user experience.
- Does project management tasks on key initiatives such as application upgrades.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer-Related field.
- 10+ years proven experience working in /with financial principles and associated business processes.
- Experience configuring and working with integrated financial systems.
- Experience leading a major financial management suite (FMS) installation a plus.
- Experience with Infor, Oracle, or Microsoft applications a plus.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- CPA certification a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Customer service focused with the ability to positively interact directly with end users.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Strong problem-solving skills; Team first mentality; Business and goal oriented.
- Energetic with a can-do/positive outlook.
- In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD, and company matching 401(k).
We offer a stable and professionally enhancing work environment, with a premium placed on a high quality of life and balance for our employees. In addition, the selected candidate for this role will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.