Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified paper and packaging manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay WI based company has over 3,400 employees and 32 manufacturing locations operating in 15 states that serve the corrugated container, folding carton and coated label markets.
Green Bay Packaging - Shipping Container an industry leader in corrugated products, seeks a Human Resource Manager to join our thriving team in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The Green Bay Facility has a work environment where the employee has greater involvement and responsibility, which includes a specific combination of HR practices, work structures, and processes that maximizes employee knowledge, skill, commitment and flexibility.
We are looking for an outgoing individual to enhance our dynamic and goal driven team as well as sustain the levels achieved. The successful candidate will plan, direct, and coordinate the Human Resource function of the organization. This position will oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff, consult with senior leaders on strategic planning; serve as a link between the division's management team and our employees.
DUTIES: support and promote adherence to employment policies, practices and training. Update and train on all employment law programs as required, coordinate trainings and ensure managers and employees follow all employment policies. Administer payroll changes to ensure accurate processing. Perform recruitment activities, place ads, screen candidates, interview and complete reference checks for select candidates. Conduct new employee orientation, coordinate on-boarding process with supervisors, complete new hire paperwork, communicate/enrollment process of company benefits. Manage annual open enrollment and associated wellness programs. Oversees all areas of legal compliance including, but not limited to, the Family Medial Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Employment Opportunities. Establish and maintain department training records. Maintain company organization charts and employee headcount reports. Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings. Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolve employee issues; counseling employees and supervisors. Reviews, monitors, administers, and as necessary, modifies company Human Resource policies, coordinating with Corporate as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- Prior experience administering HR in a union environment is a must.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Willingness and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Preferred experience supporting a front line organization in a manufacturing environment.
- Change management expertise is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence the decision making process.
- Self-directed in accomplishing duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in both oral and written form.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time is essential.
- Must be able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Organization skills a must.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to actively listen a must.
- Must be able to resolve conflict in a timely manner.
Green Bay Packaging is well known as an employer of choice in every market we service. We are privately held, well capitalized and a culture that is second to none. Come check out what Green Bay Packaging has to offer.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.