Green Bay Packaging (GBP) is a privately-owned, vertically integrated, containerboard company with a heritage of environmental stewardship and sustainable business practices. GBP has a proven commitment to protecting the environment and the health and safety of its employees, customers and their communities.
GBP has integrated environmental concerns into business decision-making and product development. It is committed to:
- Comply with applicable regulations and laws
- Strive for continuous improvement of environmental performance through advancing training, innovation and technology
- Track and report environmental metrics and performance
- Adopt, promote and enforce policies to protect the environment
- Ensure environmental management systems align with operational and business frameworks
- Conduct audits and self-assessments of environmental management systems and policies
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to resolve concerns
- Instruct employees in awareness and shared responsibility of environmental issues and good business practices
- Communicate environmental principles and core values to employees, customers, suppliers, community and stakeholders
- Constructively participate in development of public environmental policies
- Promote sustainability by resource conservation, pollution prevention, recycling, efficiency, responsible forestry, and waste reduction in the workplace
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the commitment of employees at all levels of the company. Suggestions for improvements to environmental management systems is encouraged.