Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Safety and environmental awareness of actions while performing job functions
- Providing hands-on technical support to all manufacturing operations for instrumentation and electrical control applications, including paper machine, secondary fiber, automated warehouse, effluent treatment, and boiler room
- Supporting process control systems and associated field devices
- Supporting PLCs, Drives, and other control systems
- Supporting 13.8 kV Power Distribution, Substations, MVSs, MCCs, 4160V and 480V motors
- Supporting operations and troubleshooting of issues
- Supporting capital projects installations of instrumentation and control devices
- Managing changes to our systems by keeping programs backed-up and updating documentation, schematics, and drawings
- Successfully supporting daily activities, periodic shutdowns for fabric changes/maintenance, long-term planning and capital projects related to the process controls and E&I department
- Supporting Reliability programs such as Thermography, Ultrasound, Motor and Power Analysis
- Technical degree or Journeyman certificate in industrial E&I type field with relevant experience
- Paper mill or other industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels
- Strong team player who can effectively work with others to meet objectives and timelines
- Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of various electrical sensors, switches, controllers, instrumentation, transmitters, automated valves, calibrations, industrial communications, robotics, motion control and AC/DC control power
- Programming experience including the ability to create, monitor, modify PLC and DCS control logic
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, including periods of time in noisy, dusty, hot or cold environments
- Ability to work with plant personnel, engineering groups, and outside contractors to ensure the proper execution of work
- Prioritization of time and work
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.