Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Ensures that crew members work safely and follow all plant rules and policies.
- Hold employees accountable for meeting quality and operating standards; provide coaching to employees when necessary.
- Acts as a problem solver for production crews when needed.
- Acts as the conduit for communication between employees and management.
- Works with production planning department to prioritize jobs, workflow and crew assignments.
- Coordinates material movement required for daily work assignments.
- Monitors the workflow and material levels within their assigned area and manage staffing needs each shift.
- Support and communicate training efforts for employees.
- Monitors and maintains housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Area Manager.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to drive change.
- Ability to effectively use oral and written communication skills to represent the needs of employees and management.
- Ability to utilize information from multiple sources to maintain productivity.
- Previous experience leading people in a box plant, printing operation, converting operation or paper mill is preferred.
- Must be able to improve working conditions (safety, quality, productivity, cost)
- Position will spend approximately 90% of their workday on the plant floor exposed to the noise, dust, humidity, temperatures, and traffic of the manufacturing process. When not on the plant floor this position will work in a shared office environment.
EducationAssociates degree (or equivalent experience) in business, management or supervision desired.
Experience1-3 years of demonstrated leadership experience and 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment required.
Computer SkillsExperience with MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Windows based programs. Familiarity with business management programs (KIWI, SAP, etc.) a plus.
Certificates & LicensesEmergency Response Team certification or able to be certified.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.