Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Ensure operation of machinery, equipment, and facilities by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locate source(s) of problems by observing devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective part(s) by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand/power tools; examining form, fitment, and texture of parts.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other precision measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by scanning parts to be used into an automated inventory system.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide maintenance information by entering job steps and tips into work order reports.
- Maintain continuity among maintenance teams by attending daily meetings and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Exemplary attendance.
- Minimum of 3 years of multi-skilled maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment. And/or related technical training.
- SAFELY and efficiently troubleshoot and repair equipment during production hours.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Provide own tools necessary to perform basic maintenance tasks.
- Prior experience in the corrugated/paper industry is preferred.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.