Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Directly supervises 2nd shift production employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Green Bay Packaging policies and applicable laws.
- This is a 2nd shift position. However, you must be flexible to work any shift when needed. 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM is the primary schedule.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude, and performance.
- Maintain safety, quality and production efficiencies levels set by management. Communicate these standards to your employees.
- Report quality concerns to Plant Manager. Assist in determining quality guidelines.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Coordinate with Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor on any repairs or preventive maintenance done in the department.
- Keep Plant Manager informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
- Enforce corrective action procedures when applicable and conduct meetings with the violating employees and Human Resources, if necessary.
- Conduct weekly Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel.
- Communicate with other supervisors to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Ensure compliance with Green Bay Packaging policies pertaining to methods, procedures, records, reports, conduct, etc., of all employees under your direction.
- Recommend training needs to Plant Manager.
- Maintain integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information.
- Ensure that the customer is the top priority.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to five years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Production experience in a manufacturing environment focused on quality and customer service.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of safety, OSHA, and lean manufacturing.
- The ability to work any shift, as needed.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.