Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
Division DescriptionOur Lebanon, OH location is a modern, fully equipped corrugated manufacturing facility that produces a wide range of innovative corrugated products.
Essential FunctionsResponsible for maintaining customer accounts on a daily basis, from initial setup of items and follow-up of orders through production & shipping. Also includes estimating, quoting, warehouse management, and processing complaints. The successful Customer Service Rep collaborates with staff and management in other departments to ensure all internal and external customer needs are met.
- Guide implementation of new business from inception through entire process (account set-up to design to shipping)
- Provide professional customer service through timely & accurate customer communications via telephone and email
- Manage multiple accounts with varying degrees of complexity
- Create manufacturing cost estimates
- Generate prices and provide formal quotes
- Accurately process production orders; implement changes and expediting
- Collaborate with Design and Production to purchase and manage cutting dies, print plates and print cards
- Manage inventory levels based on established parameters and address aging stock
- Participate in production meetings; provide feedback to both internal and external customers
- Address customer complaints; initiate product returns, replacements
- Organize and maintain records
- Develop and maintain a respectful working relationship with customer contacts and internal departments
Skills and Abilities
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills are required.
- Must be efficient and professional in pressurized situations and in dealing with customer demands.
- Position requires a great deal of independent work.
- Good telephone and grammar skills are a must, along with professional and managerial skills regarding approach to work, customers, sales, and co-workers.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness are critical for this position. Strong organizational skills are required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- At least 5 years of previous manufacturing customer service, preferably in the corrugated industry. Must use good grammar & spelling and have basic math skills.
- A good, steady work history and excellent attendance is required.
- Work history within an industrial setting is preferred.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.