Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Interact with customers regularly by phones, email, or in person to develop and maintain excellent relationships.
- Review the purchase requirements for each job; initiate the process for each job.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Monitor and replenish customer inventories to level agreed upon by the customer and execute purchases of inventory.
- Identify issues, specify resources required, evaluate solution options, communicate requirements of team members, and review open issues and action items.
- Manage the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of assigned projects, including estimating.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to promptly resolve inquiries and customer complaints and review with the customer service manager.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
- Adhere to the Green Bay Packaging quality policy to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a liaison to customers, sales, customer service, design, and manufacturing.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by the position.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience in the corrugated industry.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook required; proficiency in Adobe Acrobat required.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Moderate noise level.
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours such as holidays, evenings, and weekends as business demands. Some travel may be required.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.