Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
This position requires a self-motivated individual willing to work safely in a team based system. They need to have the ability to schedule their work, prioritize their work load, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. A desire for continuous improvement and quality workmanship are required to meet our customers increasing demands.
Candidates must be able to work all shifts including rotating and/or straight night shift. Overtime including weekends will be required.
The following lists the job tasks and responsibilities that the Shipping Receiving Technician will be performing:
- Works safely and follows all related policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Drives forklift to load and unload items from trailers
- Accurately reports of items loaded, unloaded, time, etc.
- Responsible for scanning in assigned inventory items for accurate inventory
- Maintains inventory of finished goods and plant supplies (wax, baling wire, bale tags, twine, starch, etc.)
- Creates computer generated and manual Bill of Ladings when needed
- Contacts carriers for outbound shipments
- Responsible for loading trucks according to customer specifications
- Places protective sheets and pads on unit loads and bands per instructions
- Marks unit loads as required
- Keeps inventory of banding sheets and pads and notify manager of items needed
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Other job tasks and projects as assigned
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.