Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and follow instructions as provided by the supervisor.
- Keep tractor clean and organized.
- Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the tractor.
- Complete an inspection of the tractor at the beginning of each shift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Perform daily services such as - checking the oil level, water level, fuel, air in tires, and clean vehicle as needed.
- Maximize time/efficiency on tasks assigned.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Driver’s Trip Sheet, Shipping Data, and Safety Data.
- Complete daily timecard, driver logs, and all other work reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to shipping schedules. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Able to read and follow instructions on bill of ladings.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Load/unload or assist in loading/unloading finished product in or from trailer.
- Inspect load in trailer to ensure it is properly loaded and it is the correct load before leaving.
- Verify count while truck is being unloaded, as allowed by customers.
- Transport load by required route to proper destination while observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Obtain shipping bill of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to shipping office.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, and volume.
- Ability to apply product quality specifications and quality standards.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High School Degree or G.E.D.
- 1+ years of Delivery preferred.
- Ability to receive and maintain a DOT Medical Examiner’s Card.
- All candidates must possess a clean driving record and criminal background. Candidates will also be subject to a drug screen to be considered for the position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSRequired to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License, have a valid state Commercial Drivers’ License and meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.