Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
The Maintenance Technician will report to the Maintenance Manager and will assist with the overall maintenance and reliability improvement efforts for the plant and offsite warehouse facilities.
We are looking for a maintenance technician with a proven track record to join our team. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance to ensure all machines are functioning safely and efficiently. The maintenance techs also respond to machine and/or system failures and must be able to troubleshoot when necessary. The candidate must understand electronics, electricity, pneumatic, hydraulics and mechanics. Previous experience with flexographic printers and die cutters is preferred.
The candidate must be proficient in all aspects of a multi-craft maintenance technician such as hydraulic and pneumatic systems, mechanical drives, welding, and general machine maintenance. Applicant must have the ability to take projects on independently and work through to completion in a timely manner.
How you will impact Third Dimension Inc.:
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance (PM) on all machinery and equipment based on schedule.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Set up and operate welder, mill, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Set up new equipment lines and equipment change overs.
- Maintain inventory of parts to assure repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Keep tools, shop, and work area organized and clean.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, efficiency, and quality of product.
- Test, repair, and operate equipment and tools safely.
- Understand and use lock out / tag out devices.
- Perform building maintenance including preventive maintenance and repairs on doors, docks, lighting, etc.
- Use basic wood working skills to repair and build tables, jigs, and interior wooden structures.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
What you will need to succeed:
Candidates should have a working knowledge and experience with:
- Previous repair and maintenance (machine mechanical / electrical / hydraulics) required.
- Preventive maintenance inspection (PM) diagnoses, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, diverters, compressors, motors, fans, pumps, forklifts, and building equipment.
- Strong knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and other automation devices required.
- Ability to read plants, prints, sketches and use those to direct fabrication or repair.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members. Teamwork and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Requires working overtime.
- Ability to lift to 40lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend or kneel for long and short periods of time.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.