Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Work in a team environment.
- Participate in group problem solving activities, statistical data analysis activities, and facilitate the establishment of operational best practices.
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Identify and complete immediate, short-term projects while maintaining a focus on long-term initiatives that support the Mill’s strategic vision.
- Participate in the development of operational training materials.
- Strive to maintain a knowledge base of the products, services, and capabilities of Green Bay Packaging.
- High degree of self-motivation and able to work without daily direct supervision.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering is preferred, experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- The Process Engineer should have 5 years of recent experience working in a large industrial environment, preferably an integrated paper mill.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot, communicate, and utilize the resources of the Company to minimize process problems and waste.
- Serve as a resource that removes barriers and helps our front-line employees excel in all aspects of process improvement and variation reduction.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.