Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- A steadfast commitment to safety and environmental stewardship,
- Ensure the availability of materials, parts, and assemblies for planned and unplanned maintenance projects and outages.
- Oversee the safe and accurate receipt, storage, and distribution of all parts and supplies for the facility, repair & return inventory, and cycle counts.
- Responsible for inventory cost reduction.
- Oversee vendor managed inventory and manage consignment inventory.
- Manage warranty and returns with suppliers.
- Work with stakeholders inside and outside of AKD.
- Responsible for all activities including storeroom metrics, storeroom audits, managing obsolescence, developing the new material naming convention, and optimizing inventory.
- Lead purchasing of common over the shelf items and monitoring procurement of maintenance-based inventories.
- Lead cross-functional team projects to improve safety, compliance, efficiency, and total cost for AKD, Green Bay Mill Division (GBMD), and Mill Operations Group (MOG).
- Involvement in all new capital installations and ensure any required spares are identified and maintained.
- Work with all internal departments to resolve any MRO related Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) activities.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, advanced degree encouraged.
- CPIM, CPSM, CSCP or similar certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of materials management, MRO procurement, and CMMS systems.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in storeroom and materials management role in a manufacturing company with large inventory, or 4 years of experience in leadership role in an MRO distribution company.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including being an Excel super-user
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to manage large datasets.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.