Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is seeking a Payroll Manager to work at our Corporate Office. The person in this position would be responsible for overseeing the centralized payroll department for Green Bay Packaging, which has more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states.
The Payroll Manager works directly with the corporate internal payroll specialists and the respective divisional payroll specialists to ensure payrolls are processed timely, accurately and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
The position would report within our corporate accounting team.
- Manage our centralized corporate payroll department working with our internal, as well as, external payroll specialists, providing technical payroll expertise and being available to trouble shoot payroll related issues that may arise
- Ensure employees are paid accurately and timely
- Responsible for all payroll related tax compliance
- Employee Tax W/H Obligations – (federal/state/local & school district)
- Employer Tax Obligations – (FUTA, SUI)
- Tax Returns and Tax Forms (940, 941, W-2’s and annual withholding reconciliations)
- Application of Payroll Laws
- Wage garnishments
- Child Support
- Bank levies
- Work closely with third party providers related to the employee benefit plans
- 401(k), Deferred Comp
- Insurance (health/dental/disability)
- Workers Comp
- S&A (Sick and Accident Payments)
- Work closely with the accounting team reconciling payroll drops to the G/L
- Payroll accruals, bank recs, general ledger account reconciliations
- Degree in accounting (bachelor’s or two-year technical degree)
- CPP certification
- Minimum (5) years payroll related experience
- Proven experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Ability to self-direct, set priorities and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong social skills necessary for teamwork and management
- Facilitate a respectful work environment
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.