Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
Responsible for various activities associated with the fulfillment and pack-out procedures and processes associated with company projects.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and follow instructions as provided by the supervisor.
- Complete an inspection of the forklift at the beginning of each shift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Work together with crew/team in “assembly line” projects.
- Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the forklift.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Operate the forklift in a safe manner.
- Maximize time/efficiency on tasks assigned.
- Cross-train for other job positions as necessary.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Safety Data, and Quality Data.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Able to read and follow instructions on load tags.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Keep warehouse organized and clean.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Familiar with company product layouts in WHSE and production specifications.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- A current Lift Truck Operator license is required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous sit-down forklift and or warehousing experience required.
- Corrugated industry experience preferred.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.