Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and perform adjustment and other maintenance tasks related to the support of a wide variety of production and production support equipment, equipment accessories and attachments.
- Address problems with equipment and order parts as necessary.
- Plan future repairs needed based on operating performance.
- Prepare, plan and execute preventative maintenance program.
- Provide technical troubleshooting, diagnostic and repair of critical equipment
- Diagnose malfunctions through use of proper test equipment.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Complete daily and weekly equipment clean-ups.
- Follow up on all work in order to ensure repairs and work is performed safely and properly.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by maintaining the machinery to run at available capacity and speed.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Great Lakes Packaging’s quality policy to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures, including practicing safe work habits.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Great Lakes Packaging.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility..
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years of previous general maintenance and repair experience.
- Able to read schematics (electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.