Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- The Slitter Operator is responsible for safety, quality, waste and communication to achieve optimum performance of assigned machine.
- Follows 5s, lean procedures, and plant rules.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality Management policies, procedures, and expectations.
- The Operator is responsible for setting up, running, cleaning and maintaining the machine and the surrounding area.
- Performs any set up duties.
- Sets up scoring and slitting heads and guides per shop order instructions.
- Feeds sheets to machine and keeps track of number of sheets fed.
- Responsible for correct reporting of times and production.
- Makes any necessary operating adjustments to machine.
- Keeps machine and machine area clean.
- Must adhere to strict quality guidelines and checking procedures.
- Responsible for achieving production goals.
- Will perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- The Operator is to assist management in determining the needs of the area of safety, maintenance, quality and production training
- Must be able to interpret shop orders and diagrams and make critical machine adjustments. Supervision is always on call.
- Understands all PLANT SAFETY RULES
- Understands all Lock Out/Tag Out
- Can identify all E-stops and understands their uses.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.