Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
We are currently seeking multiple Machine Operators to join our thriving team. This position requires a self-motivated individual willing to work safely in a team based system. They need to have the ability to schedule their work, prioritize their work load, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. A desire for continuous improvement and quality workmanship are required to meet our customers increasing demands.
Candidates must be able to work all shifts including rotating and/or straight night shift. Overtime including weekends will be required.
The following lists the job tasks and responsibilities that the Machine Operator may be performing:
- Works safely and follows all related policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for correct reporting of time, production and material usage.
- Set up of the machine including preparing materials and retrieving paper from storage.
- Using a computer, enter information relating to the production run including job information, measurements etc.
- Reports irregularities, maintenance needs and quality problems to the Team Operations Manager
- Assists crew in running, changing over, starting up and cleaning up the machine
- Checks raw materials and corrugated paper on hand against what is needed for each production run to ensure shortages are prevented
- Using a ruler, verify dimensions on corrugated board to ensure a quality product
- Troubleshoots machine issues and make recommendations on improving the process
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Other job tasks and projects as assigned
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Previous machine operations experience in manufacturing environment is preferred but not required. Good human relations skills and strong verbal communication skills are required.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.