Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
The Green Bay Packaging – De Pere Shipping Container Division, is one of 17 corrugated box plants within the organization. The modern, fully equipped corrugated manufacturing facilities allow us to create and produce a wide range of innovative corrugated products – everything from ordinary brown boxes to intricate die cut inner pack to high graphic packaging.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Maintenance Manager to join our thriving team. This Maintenance Manager will be dedicated to ensuring employee performance meets the production and manufacturing schedules while placing a strong emphasis on safe work practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Facilitating and coordinating safety communications and training
- Managing daily department operations and workflow
- Maintain and improve preventative and predictive maintenance programs
- Coordinate equipment improvements to improve safety, quality, and efficiencies.
- Support and schedule equipment trials with suppliers, work with outside contractors, and vendors to complete the work.
- Proactively managing team performance
- Facilitating team meetings
- Overseeing material trials and communicate findings appropriately
- Identifying and implementing cost reductions and coordinating necessary repairs on the equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate degree with a minimum of 6 years of maintenance related management experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must possess leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise staff and interact with all employees of the organization
- Must have strong technical knowledge in AC/DC wiring methods, drives and motors, PLC’s, various mechanical systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, design, fabricating, preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Requires good human relations skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to problem solve, handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Industry experience is preferred but not required
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.