Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com.
- Review and improve the quality assurance program in accordance with industry standards and customer expectations.
- Manage Quality team, including Engineer, Analyst and 12-16 Technicians, including setting expectations and providing performance feedback.
- Collaborate cross-functionally:
- With R&D and Technical Service Engineers to understand customer requirements and ensure they are being met by established quality standards. Travel to customers as needed to gain first-hand knowledge.
- With Procurement to ensure raw materials from external suppliers meet quality requirements.
- With Operations to proactively identify and resolve issues impacting product quality.
- Lead internal training on quality standards and expectations.
- Perform statistical analysis to drive decisions and priorities.
- Lead problem-solving using Root Cause Corrective Action methodology.
- Perform internal quality audits, identify ways to reduce risk, increase efficiency, and improve existing quality processes.
- Maintain and control documentation and data, including completion of customer quality surveys.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or Science
- 5+ years in a leadership position with direct reporting relationships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, development, and conflict resolution skills. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of statistical methods.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes. Background in labels/ packaging preferred.
- In-depth understanding of quality control procedures. Familiarity with ISO9001 certification is a plus.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.